FAQ: Common Business IT Questions Answered
How do I find top managed IT services providers?
It’s not hard to find managed IT service providers. They come in all shapes and sizes, from the “guy in garage” to large national firms. The key is to choose the right managed service provider to partner with for your business. Whether you are looking in Seattle or anywhere in the U.S., here are the hallmarks of a quality IT partner:
- 24/7/365 monitoring and supporting.
- Fast response times and reasonable resolution times based on the level of impact the issue is having on your business.
- A high average customer satisfaction rating (CSAT) over several years and client references to back it up. The higher the rating the better.
- Experience with your type of business or industry (including compliance requirements) and client references to back it up.
- Actually located in the Seattle area (not just a local address to attract businesses). They should be willing and able to be on site in your offices when needed, and offer regular onsite visits to review equipment or train staff.
- No long-term contracts. You should be able to cancel all or part of your services with them with 30 days notice. You want a managed service provider that earns your business month after month, not locks you into a long-term contract.
After you pare down your options with the basics, it’s time to find out about their specific IT processes and protocols. Download our Choose IT Support checklist for more questions to ask potential managed IT service providers.