FAQ: Common Business IT Questions Answered
What is a cyber security managed service provider?
Cyber security managed service provider is another name for a managed cybersecurity provider or MSSP. They differ from a CSSP because the security services are provided as part of end-to-end IT coverage. MSSPs:
- Assess your infrastructure for risks, gaps and vulnerabilities to continually assure your security.
- Close any gaps and provide recommendations to implement specific security and productivity improvements.
- Monitor your system and support your team 24/7/365.
- Proactively respond to attacks, usually blocking them before they breach your system.
- Provide ongoing training for your staff who are the #1 weakest link in any security chain.
With a cyber security managed service provider, these services and more are packaged into your monthly fee, so that you can plan better for meeting your company’s technology needs.